Tax Season 2019 – Time to Get Ready
What is the Money Date? A weekly time to check in. 3 things we review and update: 1. Spending 2. Earning 3. Savings
There is no need to wait to get your taxes done. How can you organize your self for tax season 2019?
- Have 1 folder for your tax documents and file them as they come in.
- Do not delay, do them right away to minimize what you could owe.
- Identify and collect information. Get dependents information together.
- Are you going to itemize? You will need to gather more documents.
- How much income have you made? Gather W-2‘s and 1099‘s to prove what you made.
- Gather your 1099 INT 0r 1099 DIV for your investments.
- Are you doing your own taxes or hiring a professional?
- Do you own real estate? Personal property taxes?
- Gather receipts for donations of $250 or more.
- Medical expenses? Gather the receipts.
- Student loan debt? You should be getting tax forms.
I wish you a happy tax season! May the odds be ever in your favor!