Live with MainStreet
Live with MainStreet – EP 23 – Insurance Coverage
Posted on Apr 9, 2018
Jim and Anna answer client questions on insurance coverage. This month’s questions include:
- Isn’t it better to be debt free and save the money destined for premiums so you have two years’ worth of needs in your emergency fund?
- Would you be better off with only low-cost catastrophic health insurance and save the premiums for future needs?
- What are your thoughts about second-to-die policies?
- Is it too late to buy long-term care insurance?
- How much, if any, umbrella liability coverage should one carry? What is too much coverage?
- I have a whole life insurance policy with lots of cash value but no need for the death benefit. What can I do?
- How often should you look to switch property insurance companies?
- How do you find health insurance for couples not employed by a big company or organization?
- When is life insurance unnecessary?