COVID-19 & Your Money: A Resource Guide
Last Updated May 24, 2021.
During these trying times, it’s important to remember that we’re all in this together!
Our team at MainStreet Financial Planning has rounded up a list of resources to help you get through this season. We’ve broken our resources into categories depending on the type of help you’re looking for. Remember: right now it’s important to take care of your finances, your family, and yourself.
- Unemployment insurance information.
- Can’t make your rent or mortgage payments due to COVID-19? Don’t miss this article with actionable tips.
- Mainstreet’s Tax Team’s Update.
- Should you refinance your mortgage?
- Should you refinance your student loans?
- Mint.com’s COVID-19 Resource Guide
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Q&A
- Mint.com’s What Financial Institutions Are Doing To Help Their Customers
- How COVID-19 is affecting state economies and homeowners
- Recommended Budget Percentages: How Much Should You Spend?
- 13 steps to take if you’ve lost your job due to the coronavirus crisis
- A little known provision of the CARES Act helps employees pay their student loans
- Cash-out mortgage refinancing
Food, Cooking, and Recipe Help
- Find Your Local Food Bank – Feeding America
- SNAP Eligibility Information
- Need help pulling together recipes with what you have on hand? Check out this free resource.
For Your Kids
- Free resources for kids from Scholastic.
- CDC’s recommendations for talking to children about COVID-19.
- Activities and resources for kids staying home.
- Coronavirus Lockdown: 26 Graphic Design Resources to Engage Kids
Working From Home & Entrepreneurship
- Blog: Work From Home Productivity
- CDC’s recommendations for businesses and employers.
- How Companies Can Get Employees Back to the Workplace Safely
- Book: When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron
- Stay connected with friends through virtual board games.
- Chat with family and friends using the Marco Polo App!
- Mental health and coping with COVID-19 (CDC).
- How Solo Agers Can Stay Connected During the Pandemic
- How to Properly Wash Your Hands
Do you have any additional resources you’d like to share with us? Let us know! We’d love to add to this list.