COVID-19 & Your Money: A Resource Guide
Last Updated April 23, 2020.
During these trying times, it’s important to remember that we’re all in this together!
Our team at MainStreet Financial Planning has rounded up a list of resources to help you get through this season. We’ve broken our resources into categories depending on the type of help you’re looking for. Remember: right now it’s important to take care of your finances, your family, and yourself.
- Unemployment insurance information.
- Can’t make your rent or mortgage payments due to COVID-19? Don’t miss this article with actionable tips.
- Mainstreet’s Tax Team’s Update.
- Should you refinance your mortgage?
- Should you refinance your student loans?
- Mint.com’s COVID-19 Resource Guide
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Q&A
- Mint.com’s What Financial Institutions Are Doing To Help Their Customers
Food, Cooking, and Recipe Help
- Find Your Local Food Bank – Feeding America
- SNAP Eligibility Information
- Need help pulling together recipes with what you have on hand? Check out this free resource.
For Your Kids
- Free resources for kids from Scholastic.
- CDC’s recommendations for talking to children about COVID-19.
- Activities and resources for kids staying home.
Working From Home & Entrepreneurship
- Book: When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron
- Stay connected with friends through virtual board games.
- Chat with family and friends using the Marco Polo App!
- Mental health and coping with COVID-19 (CDC).
- How Solo Agers Can Stay Connected During the Pandemic
Do you have any additional resources you’d like to share with us? Let us know! We’d love to add to this list.