Live with MainStreet
Live w/MainStreet – Ep. 5
Episode #5 Planning for Holidays
Planning for Holidays
1. Financial Gifting – wiring outright checks in substantial amounts. What are tax considerations? Gift tax limits? What is the timeline to get these in for 2016 tax year to benefit from deductions?
2. Donations instead of gifts – charities, non-profit organizations
3. If you want to give actual gifts – how to earn more disposable income?
4. Creating a holiday spending plan – think about where you will be spending extra money? Gifts, eating out, holiday entertainment
5. Non monetary gifts – You don’t have to spend money. Can you volunteer your time?
6. Holiday stress – tips & ideas to overcome