Budget-Friendly Holiday Gift Ideas
COVID-19 has upended the universe. What we thought was important to us in February isn’t nearly as important now. Family and friends are what we miss most, and as the holidays are near, I wanted to share my best gift ideas that can bring you closer even if you can’t be together this year. Budget bosses will be happy to know that these suggestions are below $25 and can be done as a family, a work team, or as a group of friends.
- Explore India with a local guide or mediate with a Japanese Buddhist monk. Sign up for these experiential experiences online at Airbnb.com
- Broadwayhd.com is a streaming service for Broadway shows. Immerse yourself in the arts and watch your favorite musicals and dramas from the stage right to your living room
- Since your favorite nail salon might be closed, take a virtual at-home manicure class at Sundays. Learn how to care for your nails and pick that perfect color just for you.
- Start an indoor herb garden with your children with a kit from Amazon.com. Kits come with everything you need to start a garden. Start growing basil, cilantro and whatever herb is your favorite.
- Escape the Rooms have been dormant because of COVID, but you can still virtually participate in the fun. Solve puzzles and answer trivia to get out of a room before it explodes or gets trapped in there for infinity!
Although the holidays won’t be the same, we can still make it a memorable one and on a budget!